Author Topic: WIP: Universal Wireless Retro Controller v2  (Read 47610 times)

Offline Alcahest

• SmallMember
Re: Wireless PCB for SNES controllers - how to waste a lot of money...
« Reply #160 on: September 30, 2016, 06:15:13 am »
I like that Up/Down pad cut solution, but a single cut straight thru the middle of the Left/Right pads, also from left to right, is all that's needed, and it will be much faster as it's not 9 small cuts.
Any similar suggestions on how to fix the dpad circuit traces on the SFC30 8Bitdo controller?
They fuxxed it up just like the early SNES PCB boards micro did back then, you can see their dpad circuit design on the rightmost image.
Sadly their design is so awkward I don't think cutting here and there could fix it..?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 09:23:02 am by Alcahest »

Online Link83

• MassiveMember
Re: Wireless PCB for SNES controllers - how to waste a lot of money...
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2016, 08:43:13 am »
I like that Up/Down pad cut solution, but a single cut straight thru the middle of the Left/Right pads, also from left to right, is all that's needed, and it will be much faster as it's not 9 small cuts.
Any similar suggestions on how to fix the dpad circuit traces on the SFC30 8Bitdo controller?
They fuxxed it up just like the early SNES PCB boards micro did back then, you can see their dpad circuit design on the rightmost image.
Sadly their design is so awkward I don't think cutting here and there could fix it..?
I looked into cutting the 8Bitdo D-Pad carbon contacts when I created the thread over at at the 8Bitdo forums:-
http://forum.8bitdo.com/thread-446-1-1.html

Unfortunately it doesnt appear to be easily possible due to the contact design they used :(
The best you could probably do is something like this:-
http://imgur.com/ZV1QwIw
Making sure to note the orientation of the vias which are different for each contact direction.
However you would lose about half of the carbon contact area, so it might be just end up making the D-pad too insensitive to work properly afterwards.

<EDIT>Scratch the above - the cut orientation would be opposite to Nintendo's D-pad design so it wouldn't actually help at all :-[

-Also, since this is micro's UWRC thread it might not really be fair to discuss 8Bitdo here? :-\
Perhaps move your post over to the 8Bitdo thread and i'll do the same?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 11:52:37 am by Link83 »

Offline Alcahest

• SmallMember
Re: WIP: Universal Wireless Retro Controller v2
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2016, 09:38:35 am »
Thanks for your reply Link.
So yes.. due to their design it won't be possible to fix it proper by just cutting traces, sad.
(indeed relying on 1/2 the remaining carbon isn't optimal to say the least)

And I didn't think it'd be unfair to post this here. If anything it emphasizes how much better micro's solution is ^^;
I would love to see an indepth comparison of micro's UWRC versus 8Bitdo in terms of responsiveness/latency too, I have little doubts micro's design is superior as well in that regard.

Offline Jezry

• SmallMember
« Reply #163 on: October 19, 2016, 07:11:25 am »
Hi Micro.
Du you still have Nes boards and recievers?
Also would be very interessted in board for saturn and reciever for mega drive if and when you make more.
Regards

Offline plegenda

• SmallMember
« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2016, 07:58:13 am »
Hey micro!

Think it's possible to use a universal pcb with one of these?

Regards,

Offline 8bitforlife

• SmallMember
« Reply #165 on: November 09, 2016, 07:27:15 am »
micro if you see this would be able to respond to the private message i sent ya thank you.

Offline chuckfinley

• SmallMember
  • is forever
« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2017, 09:19:49 am »
Hey Micro,
I bought your N64 Stick Converter PCB years ago, good stuff.
I'm glad to see you've gotten around to offering the wireless PCB for the Saturn.
I'll be keeping an eye out in case you make more.  :)