WIP: Universal Wireless Retro Controller v2

Started by micro, October 20, 2013, 08:20:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SnoopKatt

Hmm so the ones with the non blob chips are real? I saw some smd ones on aliexpress for about $1 each.

B-Man

Quote from: micro on May 07, 2015, 08:18:09 PM
Quote from: B-Man on May 07, 2015, 02:05:40 AM
I just ordered the last two Sega Saturn PCB sets, thanks micro! Micro have you ever thought about making just the Dreamcast receivers out of extension cables with a short VMU cable attached? It's always boggled my mind how Sega can make such a perfect fighting controller for the Sega Saturn, yet such an awful controller for the Dreamcast, which is an amazing console for fighting games. I plan on using my new wireless Saga Saturn controllers exclusively on my Dreamcast via two Total Control 3 boxes. It'd be nice if I could get wireless Dreamcast receivers with a short VMU cable attached. It'd make the set up a lot cleaner and less cluttered, not to mention a direct wireless path from controller to console. I'd pay good money for this.
Ouch, I'm afraid the Saturn receiver won't work with the Total Control 3 adaptor! (At least another board member had no luck with his Saturn receiver + Total Control 3) I don't have such an adaptor. Does the Total Control 3 adaptor work with the Saturn 3D controller (in digital mode)?

I don't own a 3D pad to test. From the reviews I've read and in forums posts, apparently it works fine in digital mode. It's analog mode where there are issues. Even if there are issues I'll find a solution.

KillingBeans

Quote from: SnoopKatt on May 08, 2015, 09:50:13 AM
Hmm so the ones with the non blob chips are real?

I wouldn't count on it. I've bought some on eBay for £1 each, but haven't had the time to test them yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed  :-\

SnoopKatt

Found this: http://zeptobars.ru/en/read/Nordic-NRF24L01P-SI24R1-real-fake-copy

A lot of those QFN-20 chips are fake as well, main aesthetic difference being the '+'. Looks like they're functionally the same, but the fakes use 350nm vs the actual one using 250nm, so the power draw is probably a little higher... Just ridiculous how many fake ICs there are nowadays.

micro

It's ridiculous indeed! I've had quite a few different nrf modules and the writing on the nrf IC never looks the same. At this point I'm just assuming that ALL nrf modules available on Ebay and AliExpress are fakes, not just the obvious ones with big epoxy blob...

Also, please have a look at the NRF modules I got recently. Take a close look at the three modules on the lower-left. They're still conjoined and not yet de-panelized. Notice how the quartz crystal on the left module looks somehow different? That's because it's a 25 MHz crystal instead of a 16 MHz crystal like on the other modules. And guess what? Of course that nrf module is dead, it just doesn't work. Makes you wonder where the heck they get the parts for their assembly lines... :/

Anyways, I've designed a new UWRC PCB for NES controllers.  (What year is it? ;D)
So far I haven't written the code yet, but I assembled one PCB and everything seems to fit into the controller as intended (mechanically). So I assume everything will turn out fine. Here are some nice pics:

Additionally I've redesigned the wireless SNES controller and receiver PCB for compatibility with the new NRF modules with the different pinout. I've assembled a few PCB sets. Each set includes everything to make a SNES controller wireless except for the controller itself. If someone wants/needs such a kit, just let me know. :) (Price per set: 80€)

Grambo

Let me know when I can buy 2 of those NES boards/receivers :)

switch

Wok, great job micro.

I would be VERY interested in wireless NES controllers

I have no problem with soldering it myself :)

public-pervert

Just watching, dude. Those PCBs is looking beautiful!  ;D

whiskthecat

Hey there micro. I started on a similar project about a year ago and did not realize that you were continuing to work on yours. I've gone down the original route you had planned in the first post on this thread (all in one add on PCB to OEM controller) I've chosen to use ARM Cortex M0+ and the same NRF wireless module. Currently I have communications working with NES SNES N64 Gamecube and some of Dreamcast. I just ordered my first PCB for an aftermarket TTX NES controller. We will see how many errors there are :P  I've focused on making little to no change to the controller beyond desoldering the wires. This means no LEDs, charge ports, or switches. I wake the controller by holding start and it goes to sleep on its own when either no button has been pressed for a set amount of time or when the console is turned off and the receiver gets powered down. This also means I have to use a replaceable battery so I have put a lot of work into power optimizations.

Running on CR2032 240mah battery NES controller should last for over 1000hrs of playtime 100uA/mhz @ 1.5mhz with sleeping, polled at 120hz, only transmit on change. Standby time should surpass 5 yrs @ 2uA (this might can be reduced to 1uA to double standby time) I had made measurements at some point but it was over a year ago so I am waiting on new boards to come in to get concrete numbers. Perhaps we could collaborate?

micro

Good job! That's a very minimalistic approach.  ;D

While your standby current seems realistic (I got a 1.6 uA standby current), I really doubt you can run the whole setup at only 100 uA. (Especially the "newer" controller PCB's like the N64.) But keep us posted! :)

whiskthecat

The power consumption figures are based off comments in my code. I do believe them to be accurate though. The peripherals available on my chosen MCU allow the CPU to basically always be asleep. You are correct about the newer controllers being more power hungry. NES and SNES are highly efficient since there are no analog inputs to deal with, just a simple shift register. Low gain receiver boards are now on their way as well. They are designed to fit into a usb flash drive sized enclosure.

whiskthecat

Receiver enclosures for both high gain and low gain versions have arrived. It looks like I will have to modify the connector on the high gain version but it shouldn't be too much trouble. I'm expecting transmit boards this weekend. The cable on the receiver can be cut to a shorter length or left stock from the donor controller.  ;D

whiskthecat

Transmit boards have arrived and I've assembled one, but unfortunately I don't currently have my development tools setup to actually test it or even install it. The install will just consist of desoldering the colored wires and replacing them with metal pins through the holes on the transmit board and into the controller board. The good news is that it all physically fits inside the controller despite multiple sub mm clearances. More waiting for things to ship...  :-\

Killa200

Been lurking quite some time watching the WIP project unfold.

micro your doing some excellent work! I'd love to get in on the next batch of boards, whatever console they may be for (The SNES redesign you tidied up last month, or anything else). I've been assembling a home automation system and the dream has been to centrally locate all of my consoles into a display area. The biggest issue there is the massive amount of non wireless consoles that need a work around.

The completed PCB is the best approach, being it is more bulletproof and takes less time to put together, but many times I've been tempted on the old 1.x project to start tearing controllers apart and assembling a handful to scatter around the house.

whiskthecat looks like you have something awesome culminating as well!

shinzuka

Mr micro

You can be received, personal duplicate messages, bad manipulation.Je am sorry

nice realization for controller Wireless on sega saturn

micro

@shinzuka: No problem! :)

@whiskthecat: Good work! But you should really, really start a new thread for your project as I'm sure there's more to come, isn't it?  ;D

Speaking of wireless NES controllers, "my" UWRC NES controllers are finally finished.

Installation guide: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fqccb2hu5bz0760/UWRC+-+Universal+Wireless+Retro+Controller+-+NES+Version.pdf

It's also possible to install the receiver inside the console. This way some of its new features are usable, such as:
* in-game reset by holding Start+Select+B+A for at least 0.25 seconds
* full compatibility with an external connected controller (you can even use both controllers (wireless & wired) at the same time

I've got some PCB sets for sale. Just drop me a private message if you're interested. The price is 75€/set but this time the battery is not included. You have to get them on your own.

Killa200

Looking forward to the NES controllers. The SNES one is great!

I'll have to get on the ball and get the second SNES put together tonight, and the console in their rightful home so I can give the controllers a real workout.

Zoel

Ok I got the Genesis/Mega Drive Receivers from Micro and they work perfectly fine.

I made a video of using it on the Saturn and as well as the Genesis.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAKzMwZOf_g

Grambo

Finally found the time to install my NES controllers. I'm 100% pleased. PCBs fit nicely into the controllers. Not sure if maybe PAL controllers have a slightly smaller cable hole or something, but I didn't have to Dremel it out at all. The range is fantastic and the in game reset is absolutely amazing in conjunction with my Everdrive.
I didn't have enough time to address the Saturn controllers/Genesis receivers, but I'll keep you posted, micro.
Thanks again! Very well done!

talclipse

hello,joined just for these controllers.i want a set for the saturn.how do i go about buying a set??

Davis9278

Quote from: micro on November 06, 2015, 06:58:47 AM
@shinzuka: No problem! :)

@whiskthecat: Good work! But you should really, really start a new thread for your project as I'm sure there's more to come, isn't it?  ;D

Speaking of wireless NES controllers, "my" UWRC NES controllers are finally finished.

Installation guide: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fqccb2hu5bz0760/UWRC+-+Universal+Wireless+Retro+Controller+-+NES+Version.pdf

It's also possible to install the receiver inside the console. This way some of its new features are usable, such as:
* in-game reset by holding Start+Select+B+A for at least 0.25 seconds
* full compatibility with an external connected controller (you can even use both controllers (wireless & wired) at the same time

I've got some PCB sets for sale. Just drop me a private message if you're interested. The price is 75€/set but this time the battery is not included. You have to get them on your own.

Hello Sir, does not release any files to do at home ?, in its first version, I worked perfect, I'm happy with my n64 wireless control, but expected her v2 to my control of nes.

micro

Quote from: Grambo on January 12, 2016, 09:04:01 AM
Finally found the time to install my NES controllers. I'm 100% pleased. PCBs fit nicely into the controllers. Not sure if maybe PAL controllers have a slightly smaller cable hole or something, but I didn't have to Dremel it out at all. The range is fantastic and the in game reset is absolutely amazing in conjunction with my Everdrive.
I didn't have enough time to address the Saturn controllers/Genesis receivers, but I'll keep you posted, micro.
Thanks again! Very well done!
Thanks for your feedback. Strange thing that there are different NES cord strengths apparently. But good for you! :)

Quote from: talclipse on February 12, 2016, 03:09:36 PM
hello,joined just for these controllers.i want a set for the saturn.how do i go about buying a set??
Sorry, at the moment I still got 2 wireless NES controller PCB sets left for sale but no other sets...

Quote from: Davis9278 on March 03, 2016, 10:40:51 AM
Hello Sir, does not release any files to do at home ?, in its first version, I worked perfect, I'm happy with my n64 wireless control, but expected her v2 to my control of nes.
I'm not quite sure what you're meaning. But you should read this whole thread, I won't release any files at the moment as this project is still under development.

And here's the latest addition to the UWRC project, it's the Playstation. :)

I also made a PSX receiver. I've chosen to make the receiver internal because the receiver case I'm usually using is too big and would obstruct the memory card slot. The receiver gets mounted with a 2mm screw. On the bottom there are two status leds shining through the vents.
It's also possible to use an external wired controller. The receiver will detect this and disable itself. In that case the red led will be turned on constantly.

In the end I've even added a reset function because this comes ultra handy when you're using a PSIO cartridge. (Currently the only way to enter the PSIO menu again and select a new game.)

PS: Please don't ask about the PSX sets, I only made 3 PCB's and nothing's left. ^^

Killa200

Aww! A pair of those would have been nice! Especially for the same reason you already mention, the psio reset!

If a buy ever comes around on those, you got my contact info. As I said before I'm in for two of anything you come up with!

SNES and NES sets are both still doing spectacular, btw.

public-pervert

@Micro: You're my idol!
Those PCBs is so beautiful. Excellent work as always, dude!  :D

B-Man

Micro, couple of those PSX receivers made to be external with a short cable so they don't block the memory card slots on my PS2 would be a god send. I would love to use the Sega Saturn controller PCB's I bought from you not only on my PS2, but on my other consoles like the the Dreamcast, Original XBOX, Gamecube, Wii, etc via adapters with those.

jhmiller

Micro: An awesome job !!!
Any chance to get the wireless controllers or a kit for the SNES, Saturn, N64 and of course PSX??
I love XKey, WODE, 3Key, GDEMU, RHEA and SD2SNES. Waiting WiiUODE.
Cerrar MegaUpload sólo es el comienzo de la censura, será el fin de la libertad.
Nada es verdad, todo está permitido.

jss_josafa

Really impressive Micro your work!
You are a spectacular engineer!
Congratulations! I love your designs.

I can not wait to see the wireless dreamcast controllers soon. ::)

manifestx

Really great work your doing micro!

Any Saturn sets (completed controller + receiver), and/or NES/SNES/GEN/N64/DC/PS1/2 receivers?

By the way, are you by any chance severatius on Youtube?

micro

Quote from: manifestx on April 26, 2016, 12:35:53 PMBy the way, are you by any chance severatius on Youtube?
Guilty as charged! :) But the projects shown in my youtube videos are terribly out of date.

In the past weeks & months there have been several updates and new versions for the Universal Wireless Retro Controller project. I try to keep you posted:

PSX
Quote from: B-Man on March 19, 2016, 05:33:40 AM
Micro, couple of those PSX receivers made to be external with a short cable so they don't block the memory card slots on my PS2 would be a god send.
You mean something like that?  ;D

So there you have it, a standard external PSX receiver for those UWRC controllers. Of course it also works with PS2. Right now it only acts as a standard digital PSX pad and that might stay this way.
I'm also happy with this type of cable outlet. It's of good quality and easy to install, just drill a 12mm hole and you're set.

I've also completely redesigned the internal PSX receiver because I really wasn't happy with the old one. Now it's substantially larger which makes assembly of PCB easier for me. The RF module isn't mounted vertical, but horizontal.
Now the internal PSX receiver features a dedicated solder pad for the optional in-game reset function (hold select+start+X+O). The function isn't really that helpful when playing a game CD. But as said before, in conjunction with the PSIO cartridge it's a blessing. When you spend an evening plowing through your PSX game collection you don't want to waste any precious calories by leaving your couch every 15 minutes to hit the reset button, do you?  ;D

As before, the internal PSX receiver is tailored to fit inside PSX consoles that got that free space right beside the controller port (SCPH-7500 and SCPH-9000). Of course it should also work in other models if you can free up the required space.

Then the UWRC PSX controller PCB got its redesign. But nothing really worth to talk about. This time I also ordered quite a batch of these PCB's because until now I've had only 3 specimens made.

Universal transmitter PCB

The universal transmitter PCB contains all the parts of the other (NES, SNES, PSX, Saturn) UWRC controller PCB's while having compact measurements. It can be used to make all kinds of controllers and joysticks wireless. But still, the available space is always of concern. For example you won't be able to install this PCB inside a 6-button Megadrive controller. At least not without cutting away plenty of the plastic. And that's something I always try to avoid.

There's also a little daughterboard containing the USB socket for charging the battery as well as the charging LED. I've made different types of these daughterboards with horizontally & vertically mounted USB sockets.

I used this universal transmitter PCB to make my Namco Arcade Stick and Neo Geo Oldystyle Stick wireless. :)
I've paid extra detail to not cut/file/dremel the stick case at all. If I want to, I can easily remove the mod and install the cable again.  Here you got some pics of the sticks:

NeoGeo receiver (a.k.a. general purpose receiver)

This new receiver is the counterpart of the universal tx PCB. The states of all 16 digital buttons of the UWRC system are directly available on this receiver PCB. It's the perfect choice to build a receiver for the NeoGeo. But it can also be used for all other kinds of consoles/systems, that use a common ground button system.
That means you could use this inside your Supergun. Or you can install it inside other, yet unsupported controllers.

It got a very flexible button remapping system which allows you to remap the button order in-game. There are solder jumpers on the PCB and their configuration will determine how many buttons you can remap. (When playing Neo Geo you don't want to re-map 10 buttons, 4 will do ;) ).

Even more, the receiver got a button combination feature. You can combine two buttons of your choice to make an extra button. For example when installed inside a PS4 stick you can combine select+start to get another button for emulating the home button.

I also compiled a installation/usage guide: http://www.mediafire.com/download/47eks5sr4jcz6ym/UWRC+Neo+Geo+Receiver.pdf

UWRC Receiver for Brook Universal Fighting Board
(How many times has the word "universal" occured so far?  ;D)

You might be aware that the company Brook has released a very powerful PCB called "Brook Universal Fighting Board" (UFB). It's designed to be installed inside a stick. It got a USB socket and will allow the stick to be used with a Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4 or even PC.

http://www.brookaccessory.com/detail/06960737/
http://www.paradisearcadeshop.com/home/1658-brook-universal-fighting-board-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-xbox-one-pc-.html
http://arcadeshock.com/collections/frontpage/products/brook-universal-fighting-board-ps3-ps4-xbox-360-xbox-one-pc

With 90 bucks it's not cheap but the compatibility is great. I've ordered such a Brook UFB, but not to install it inside an arcade stick. Instead I've used it to make all the UWRC controllers so far compatible with Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3 and PS4.

Megaman 9, 10 & Shovel Knight playable with a wireless UWRC NES controller? Jawohl!  8)
Being able to play Street Fighter V on PS4 and Killer Instinct on Xbox One with a Saturn six-button pad? Sí, señor!  :D

I present to you the UWRC receiver PCB for the Brook UFB:

It utilizes four pinheaders provided by the Brook UFB. Of course the main function is to forward the button data from the wireless UWRC controllers. On the far left there's a 3-position switch that let's you map the Dpad to the left stick, dpad or right stick. We got 4 player LED's that show the current controller no. assigned by the console. On the lower right there's a turbo switch and -LED to make use of the UFB's turbo feature.

On the top there are some more tact buttons. They seem irrelevant at first, but they can be used to force the UFB into a console specific mode when held during powering up the console. With the UWRC controllers you can't hold a specific button while powering up the console & receiver because the receiver needs to be powered on to register any button presses at all. ;)
Also the select+home combination is used by the UFB if you want to update its firmware. So far the Brook guys were very fast providing a firmware for the UFB that works with current PS4/Xbox One dashboards.

I've also designed a case for the whole thing. Well, actually it's only a top and base plate made out of acrylic glass.

Phew, ok I think that's all!  :D
Next stop of the UWRC train: PC Engine, and that one should turn out REALLY great.  8)

Quote from: Killa200 on March 06, 2016, 11:53:06 AM
Aww! A pair of those would have been nice! Especially for the same reason you already mention, the psio reset!

If a buy ever comes around on those, you got my contact info. As I said before I'm in for two of anything you come up with!

SNES and NES sets are both still doing spectacular, btw.
Quote from: B-Man on March 19, 2016, 05:33:40 AM
Micro, couple of those PSX receivers made to be external with a short cable so they don't block the memory card slots on my PS2 would be a god send. I would love to use the Sega Saturn controller PCB's I bought from you not only on my PS2, but on my other consoles like the the Dreamcast, Original XBOX, Gamecube, Wii, etc via adapters with those.
There will be wireless PSX controller PCB sets and receivers for sale if you're interested:
- wireless PSX controller PCB set incl. receiver (internal or external one) and also incl. battery - 84€
- extra PSX receiver (internal or external one) - 30€

Quote from: manifestx on April 26, 2016, 12:35:53 PM
Really great work your doing micro!

Any Saturn sets (completed controller + receiver), and/or NES/SNES/GEN/N64/DC/PS1/2 receivers?

By the way, are you by any chance severatius on Youtube?
Atm I can't offer complete wireless Saturn receivers but PCB sets. It would be possible for you to send me your controller to install the PCB and attach the Saturn cord to the receiver, though. :)

Link83

Really great work micro! ;D How much will the Universal transmitter PCB's cost?
Also might you ever consider making a UWRC v2 for the N64 or Dreamcast?

jhmiller

Quote from: micro on June 15, 2016, 12:35:56 AM
There will be wireless PSX controller PCB sets and receivers for sale if you're interested:
- wireless PSX controller PCB set incl. receiver (internal or external one) and also incl. battery - 84€
- extra PSX receiver (internal or external one) - 30€
OMG !!!!

I want 1 set of the PSX !!!
With the receiver external.

Fantastic work as always, micro.
Cerrar MegaUpload sólo es el comienzo de la censura, será el fin de la libertad.

micro

Quote from: Link83 on June 15, 2016, 01:44:10 AM
Really great work micro! ;D How much will the Universal transmitter PCB's cost?
I'm not selling this one atm...
QuoteAlso might you ever consider making a UWRC v2 for the N64 or Dreamcast?
Yes I do, but there are certain hardships to overcome. For example the original N64 stick has a very, very high current consumption. That doesn't go to well with my concept of "recharging the battery once a year". ;)
For the Dreamcast receiver I'd definitely need to use a more powerful microcontroller to implement the maple bus protocol. A wireless Dreamcast controller PCB would need to interface that stupid hall sensors for the analog stick and the L/R triggers... We'll see... ^^

Quote from: jhmiller on June 15, 2016, 03:30:47 AM
OMG !!!!

I want 1 set of the PSX !!!
With the receiver external.

Fantastic work as always, micro.

By now you should have received your wireless PSX controller PCB set I guess? :) Have you succeeded in installing it into your PSX controller?

As announced in my last post, here comes the newest addition to the UWRC familiy of wireless controllers:
It's the PC Engine!  ;D

I tried to recreate the d-pad and push button contacts as faithful as I could. I also implemented the contacts for the rapid fire switches.

Usually I'm installing a 5mm LED into the cable outlet hole for indicating the charging process. Unfortunately the PCE controller cable is not only very short but also got a big diameter what means the cable outlet hole is quite large. A 5mm LED wouldn't look good in that hole so I had to come up with a different solution.
In the end I used square-shaped through-hole LEDs but installed them vertically. This type of LED is big enough to cover up the cable outlet hole:

The wireless PCE receiver looks like that:

I really went to town with implementing quite some features and settings. Of course you can use the rapid fire switches on the wireless PCE pad to turn on or off rapid fire. But you can also use rapid fire functions with a wireless SNES, PSX or Saturn controller.
Using these controllers also allows you activate a 3-button or even 6-button mode. (Street Fighter II CE + Saturn controller = perfect! ^^)
Also, there some other settings to change the way the SNES, PSX and Saturn controller buttons are mapped to the PCE II and I buttons.

If you want to see more pics, here are the installation manuals:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/gbnia7gexa5vo9t/UWRC+PC+Engine+Controller+PCB.pdf (PCE controller)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hy2knczbc0jpv49/UWRC+PC+Engine+Receiver.pdf (PCE receiver)

I also got some wireless PCE controller PCB sets left. If someone is interested, just drop me a message. :)

Some Playstation controller PCB sets are also left. I even managed to finish the installation guides:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/65zw3jhjodale6o/UWRC+PSX+Controller+PCB+%28SCPH-1080+H%29.pdf (PSX controller)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/dg3xhocnhbmrb5i/UWRC+PSX+Receiver.pdf (PSX receiver)
http://www.mediafire.com/download/n35a2pas2fwj730/UWRC+Internal+PSX+Receiver.pdf (internal PSX receiver)

Maybe it's time to update the first post of this thread for a recap of what it's all about, which consoles are supported, etc.

Link83

Quote from: micro on July 22, 2016, 03:58:58 AM
Yes I do, but there are certain hardships to overcome. For example the original N64 stick has a very, very high current consumption. That doesn't go to well with my concept of "recharging the battery once a year". ;)
For the Dreamcast receiver I'd definitely need to use a more powerful microcontroller to implement the maple bus protocol. A wireless Dreamcast controller PCB would need to interface that stupid hall sensors for the analog stick and the L/R triggers... We'll see... ^^
Well even if the N64 UWRC battery life was reduced to 20 hours it would still be worth it for me ;) (and i'm sure many other people too)

<EDIT>
Just thinking about your earlier post:-
Quote from: micro on September 27, 2014, 01:50:18 AM
Yes, a UWRC v2 PCB for the N64 controller would be great. But there are some obstacles. For example: One feature of UWRC v2 is the low power consumption (about 1 mA) and the extreme battery life of several hundreds of hours. Unfortunately the original Nintendo analog stick has a very high current consumption (10 mA) so the max. battery life would be slashed down to 20 - 30h maybe? Not exciting...
Perhaps an N64 UWRC v2 PCB could have connections for both the original N64 analog stick (The blue socket could be desoldered from the original controller PCB) and X/Y pads for a potentiometer based analog stick? That way it could also be used with the cheap third-party pot based replacement analog sticks like this:-
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-1pcs-High-quality-Thumbstick-Stick-Joystick-Repair-Parts-Replacement-for-Nintendo-64-N64-Controller/32613254760.html
This should also help considerably reduce the controllers power consumption.
Users could then decide between using the original analog stick with lower battery life, or a replacement pot based analog stick with longer battery life.

Regarding the Dreamcast controller, are the hall sensors expensive/dfficult to source? Perhaps this might be a case where its better to try and interface with the original controllers maple bus connection? (Like the older UWRC v1 designs)

I tried to recreate the d-pad and push button contacts as faithful as I could. I also implemented the contacts for the rapid fire switches.
Thats looks really great micro  :) Its almost a perfect copy of the original design!

Out of curiosity might you ever update the earlier UWRC PCB designs to also use the original buttons contact design shapes? I believe the original Saturn button contact design is the same as the D-pad contacts you already have, and the NES and SNES both use the same button contact design:-

I just thought it would be nice if all the UWRC matched the original PCB designs, like the new PC Engine UWRC.

Maybe it's time to update the first post of this thread for a recap of what it's all about, which consoles are supported, etc.
Please do! Theres so much information now scattered among the many posts  :)

jhmiller

Quote from: micro on July 22, 2016, 03:58:58 AMBy now you should have received your wireless PSX controller PCB set I guess? :) Have you succeeded in installing it into your PSX controller?
Hi micro, yes I received the controller but unfortunately these last few weeks I don't have free time.
Is on my "to do" list for the holydays :)

And of course, I want a controller and receiver for the PCEngine !!!

OMG !!! all my retro consoles with the UWRC !!!

Thanks micro

8bitforlife

would I be able to buy a sega genesis and sega saturn receiver and possibly controllers already modded. Dont really have the ability to mod stuff with my arm being messe up. I sent micro a msg but he hasnt been active since aug 12th

jhmiller

Vacations, finally, and I've had time to do the controllers !!!

PSX:
I mounted the internal receiver in my 5502 and fit perfect !!! You can update the pfd :)
The hardest part was finding the controller 1080 H, but after rummaging in the attic, I found it.

Sega Saturn:
At last I have the wireless controller.

L-Digital

Hi

I am looking to get some wireless controllers for all the following machines but cannot see how to order the sets. I don't think I can make this myself

I am looking for

Genesis
Saturn
PC Engine
NeoGeo
N64
Ps2

Can anyone help to either make to order or show me how to obtain the things needed please?

Thanks

kendrick

Hi guys. Just a brief moderation reminder, GameSX doesn't provide marketplace services or function as any kind of commerce broker. Any transactions on the site are user-to-user and aren't a function of the site in any way. If you have a request or a question for a specific user regarding anything they've built or offered for sale, I suggest you use the Private Message (PM) system of the board to contact that person. Posts to the message board should generally be used for communication meant for the group at large.