Donations for Project!

Started by NFG, July 09, 2013, 09:55:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

Good morning!  I'm Lawrence, you might remember me as the guy who runs this place. 

I'm in possession of about 13 or 14 years of Backup Technique and GameLab magazines, every single one, including a few special editions.  This is a fairly remarkable collection of mods, hacks, technical info, schematics and code for all the interesting consoles (from the late eighties, to a little beyond the year 2000) and I'd like to scan them all and put them online. 

X1, X68000, Famicom, Famicom Disk System, Sega Mark 3, MegaDrive, PC Engine, PlayStation, Saturn, Marty, and countless others.  It's a fairly unique insight into Japanese hard hacking back when the consoles were awesome.

So here's what I'm thinking:

We raise the money to buy a decent duplexing scanner (est. $500 or so) and I'll cut the books apart and scan every page.  They'll be made into PDFs, and I'll also put 'em online in a massive archive, with image tagging and commenting and whatnot, so we can translate and link to the interesting bits.

Does this sound appealing?  Basically you guys help pay for the gear, I do all the work (it'll take months, probably) and we all get the archive. 

albino_vulpix

Sounds interesting. I could forward you $20 or so.

phreak97

what sort of mods are in there? anything out of the ordinary?

NFG

A decade and a half of mods?  Yeah, there's a few  interesting things.  =P

Not many people were keen to donate, so I'll get around to it when I get around to it.  Maybe.  ;(

phreak97

BlueBMW

Ill toss ya $50 bones when the time comes.

eidis

Hi Lawrence !

Please post your PayPal info so people can start donating.

Keep the scene alive !
Eidis
X68000 personal computer is called, "X68K" or "no good good" is called, is the PC that are loved by many people today.

Opethian

This is relevant to my interests. Please let mw know where to donate.