Presenting: Floppy Disk ReAnimator X68000

Started by kamiboy, June 08, 2013, 01:56:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kamiboy

Gentlemen, I am not ashamed to admit that it gives me great sexual pleasure to present to thee a specimen of mad coding science. A program to facilitate the ReAnimation(tm) of dead X68000 Floppy flesh. Do not shrink in abject horror, sirs! For it may very well not work.

I encourage you all to test this formula in your very own dark cellar laboratories and report back to me your findings and suggestion. But keep to yourself all moral objections and misgivings about ReAnimated Floppy injuries, this is all in the name of science dammit!

.... mad science that is.

caius

Well done, kamiboy, I will try it your utility and let you know.Now the X68000  homebrew scene is growing up!Next step would be porting some cool arcade game to our beloved machine!

lydux

Humm... A voodoo x68000 tool ? Why not ! Isn't it an SIG forum anyway ? :)

Thanks a lots Kamiboy for creating this tool and give your contribution to the x68000 development scene !

Quote from: the README file
Oh, and the source code is comment free, completely raw,
trust me it feels much better that way. You are welcome.
Or "This source code is governed by the X68000 license and practices".

kamiboy

Quote from: caius on June 08, 2013, 06:29:13 PM
Well done, kamiboy, I will try it your utility and let you know.Now the X68000  homebrew scene is growing up!Next step would be porting some cool arcade game to our beloved machine!

Doing ports is way above my patience or skill level I fear. Deassembled assembly code and exotic hardware make for a frightning coctail.

Doing some brand new homebrew games for the X68000 on the other hand sounds like a merry old time. Thanks to lydux the X68000 now enjoys the benifits of a very robust build enviroment.

All that remains is to try and learn the quirks of the system.

All it takes is one or two old school coders, some dedicated and talented pixel graphic artists and a sound guy that can compose catchy tunes like they only could 20 years ago, unless one just wants to data mine for freeware assets.

I tell you, the X68000 library is in sore need of some good old 8/16-bit style action platformers ala Akumajou, Rockman and Metroid. Akumajou Dracula is a masterpiece to be sure, but one game only gets you so far.