Tapatalk forum plugin?

Started by phreak97, August 16, 2012, 02:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phreak97

Hey Lawrence,
Just wondering if there'd be any drawback to adding tapatalk compatibility to these forums?
I use my phone more than my pc for Internet these days, and I've been using tapatalk for a couple of other forums.
It gives a nice fast loading forum interface.

NFG

Anyone else interested in this?

DanAdamKOF

NFG

Alright, it's active. 

Let me know if you have any trouble with it, etc.

DanAdamKOF

Works great so far!  Small thing I've noticed, when I use Tapatalk to subscribe to a forum (I subscribed to a few that I read msot often, so only those show up in my Favorites), it automatically subscribes me in a way that notifies me via email of new threads.  The email has a link to disable the notifications, but I can't figure out where in the forum I can go to disable them.

Not a huge deal since I only have to do this a few times ever then it won't bother me again, but I felt it was worth mentioning.

NFG

The bottom of every thread has an 'unnotify' button, and in your profile (click your name, at least through a browser) then modify profile, and select notifications.

...I'm not actually sure if that affects tapatalk notifications.  I can globally disable it, but there are no options to do anything on a per-user basis in the admin config.

DanAdamKOF

Aha, I didn't notice the Unnotify button before. Thanks!

phreak97

Apparently my password is wrong via tapatalk, but it works through the site..

NFG

That seems odd.  Has it been broken for long?

Anyone else having that problem?

phreak97

Its been this way for a couple of weeks.
It isnt the same message for incorrect login, I just tried it.

NFG

Alright, I double-checked the installation, it's running fine, permissions are good, nothing's hidden.  According to the tapatalk forums, it might be a caching issue on your end, as a result of a tapatalk upgrade I did around the same time this stopped working for you.

Try clearing the cache and let me know. 

phreak97

Ok, I tried clearing the cache, then I tried clearing all settings, then I tried reinstalling tapatalk.
No go:(

NFG

Alright, I've uninstalled and re-installed it.  Any better?

phreak97

Now I cant access it at all let alone log in!

NFG

phreak97

Back to the old message, viewing works

NFG

I'm posting with a free tapatalk clone right now.

If you're still having trouble, I'd have to blame tapatalk itself.

NFG

And back on the PC again.  Yeah, it works fine.  Sorry, I think tapatalk's got a bug.

phreak97

You might be right, I'll try it on a different phone when I get access to one next.
It works on other forums though, which is odd

NFG

Yeah, it seems to be a result of the latest tapatalk update, but scouring their forums only suggests that it's a caching problem for clients.  There was a suggestion to remove, delete and reinstall it on the server, but I tried that and you're not any better off for it.  =/

phreak97

Its fixed!

I dont know why but i cleared the cache about 5 times in 10 seconds in frustration and then it worked:)

NFG

Haha!  I'm glad, now the 1 person who uses it can keep using it!  ;)

phreak97

Haha cheers!
Hopefully more people will use it

Heffa

Working fine from Tapatalk for me :-)

Heffa

Have something been changed in the Tapatalk implementation?
It seems like I can't post anything from Tapatalk anymore... the app just never manages to send the post.
It works fine in other forums though.

NFG

Tapatalk was a few versions old, perhaps that's the reason.  I've just updated it to the latest, but the installer failed on two files and I had to manually insert the new code...

I will be blaming you if the whole forum melts down because of this. 

YOU RUINED EVERYTHING

Heffa

...sorry about that :P O0

---
Sent a long time ago from a Galaxy far far away using Tapatalk HD

Heffa

It worked - thanks! :)

---
Sent a long time ago from a Galaxy far far away using Tapatalk HD

NFG

Latest version of Tapatalk installed today.  Do commence screaming below if it has broken anything.

phreak97

NFG

Tapatalk updated to the latest version today.

Andy-Antsinpants

Fix_Metal

I'm having troubles too with the plugin.
Already cleared the cache but still can't login :-X

NFG

I'll look into it.  Certainly nothing's changed...

NFG

Well, it was out of date, so I updated it.  The package failed so I did a brute manual install.  Does it work now?

Andy-Antsinpants

Fix_Metal

NFG

Alas, I'd have to say the problem is on your end, if it suddenly died and didn't come back to life after the update.  Tapatalk's own admin panel was able to query my tapatalk plugin fine.  Sorry.  =/

Fix_Metal

Don't know. Seems like the app itself is bugged as hell to me.
I'm using Android version. What about you?

Artemio

Android version here,  works fine