VD-Z# Vs. Audio Authority's box

Started by Jopapa, March 24, 2004, 04:52:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jopapa

Has anyone compared VDigi's VD-Z3 transcoder to the box sold by audio authority? From what I've read so far, it seems VDigi's product is higher quality and much friendlier on the wallet, plus has the provision for a VGA pass-through. Was just curious as to any side-by-side comparisons. I plan on using a VD-Z3 with a component switchbox to connect all my game systems, HDTV receiver, and DVD player to my monitor (space and money considerations = no HDTV for me).

benzaldehyde

From what I've heard, the X2VGA kicks the Audio Authority's ass. The picture is brighter and the colors are better. I can say that the VD-Z3 is a little, slightly, microscopically brighter and crisper than the X2VGA when used with my XBox. It's almost an insignificant difference. Thus, if my logic circuits don't fail, I'd say the VD-Z3, being cheaper and, well, better, is the best choice.

Jopapa

QuoteFrom what I've heard, the X2VGA kicks the Audio Authority's ass. The picture is brighter and the colors are better. I can say that the VD-Z3 is a little, slightly, microscopically brighter and crisper than the X2VGA when used with my XBox. It's almost an insignificant difference. Thus, if my logic circuits don't fail, I'd say the VD-Z3, being cheaper and, well, better, is the best choice.
That's about what I was thinking.

*gets out credit card*