PC Engine Duo RX RGB amp?

Started by Piratero, January 15, 2012, 09:05:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Piratero

Hello everyone.

Would the THS7314 RGB amp for the N64 work? Has anyone tried? I have a few THS7314 chips lying around and wouldn't mind building one for my PC Engine.

Otherwise, what is the preferred  RGB amp? Any recommendations?

I've been Googling (apparently my Google-fu is not up to par) and I haven't been able to find the tutorial where it shows you step by step how to remove the 5-DIN connector and replace it with an 8-DIN connector.

Thanks everyone.

ApolloBoy

Quote from: Piratero on January 15, 2012, 09:05:03 PM
Hello everyone.

Would the THS7314 RGB amp for the N64 work? Has anyone tried? I have a few THS7314 chips lying around and wouldn't mind building one for my PC Engine.

Otherwise, what is the preferred  RGB amp? Any recommendations?

I've been Googling (apparently my Google-fu is not up to par) and I haven't been able to find the tutorial where it shows you step by step how to remove the 5-DIN connector and replace it with an 8-DIN connector.
I believe it'll work with the PCE, the RGB cable that I use with my modded Duo-R has a THS7315 amp built in. For the DIN jack replacement, there is a detailed video that shows you to do it: PC Engine(turbografx) DUO-R RGB mod soldering work (pt 1/2)

Piratero

Amazing!!!

Did you build the RGB cable yourself?

Piratero

Just out of curiosity, how did you go about building your THS7314 circuit?

It's extremely small and really the biggest problem are the resistors.

papa_november

SMT to DIP adapter boards exist for the THS7314's SOIC-8 form factor. See: http://www.sparkfun.com/products/494

Piratero

Holy shit! These things exist? I can't wait to build 100 of these now!!!

Piratero

ApolloBoy

Piratero

Quote from: ApolloBoy on January 17, 2012, 10:33:00 AM
Quote from: Piratero on January 16, 2012, 03:30:21 PM
Amazing!!!

Did you build the RGB cable yourself?
I bought mine from Retro Accessories which can be found here: http://retro-accessories.co.uk/ourshop/cat_156731-Products-to-mod-your-own-console.html

Wow. It comes with the amp already. It looks like I should of have bought this. Damn.

Well I ordered the parts elsewhere. Thanks for the link.

Piratero

you guys have been extremely helpful!

I need to build a SCART->DB-9 connector first.

I feel like the prices are a bit steep on eBay. I'm looking at:

To be clear, I'm in the United States.