XRGB-Mini Framemeister Review is up !

Started by Fudoh, December 18, 2011, 11:55:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

Outstanding writeup, thanks for that. 

I reckon I'll get one next time I'm in Japan.  =)

Moosmann

I checked the Framemaster. The Picture Quality from the old Videogamesystems is very good, it looks better instead the XRGB-3.

But unfortunately the Sync-Input (from the 8-Din RGB in) is really very, very bad.

Some SNES/SFC Series don`t work, Dreamcast don`t work, First Gen. PS1 don`t work etc. and some Systems work with dropouts e.g. Mega Drive or earlier SFC.

I use an LM1881 and >all< Systems work fine. But the other Problem, the official Dreamcast RGB Cable use 12V or the official PS1 RGB Cable have resistors on Pin 8, so it is not possible to make an simple Syncseparator with Power from the Console (Voltage From Scart Pin 8/16). It need an extra Power Supply for the LM1881 to make it working with all RGB Cable kinds (official and 3rd Party).

I don`t know, whether Pin 5 from the Framemeister is a maybe 5V Power Pin (the Scart Adaptor do not use this Pin), so that I check them friday. I also make some measurements with an oscilloscope to find out the reason for the dropouts.

The big question:  Why do this company release an untested product for 38 000 Yen ?

Greetings Markus