Saturn VGA?

Started by Lesmot, March 07, 2004, 02:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lesmot

Does anyone know of a resource, or a possible schematic (I'm guessing not on that one) for a Saturn VGA box, or internalized VGA out? I made an internal VGA with a switch for  my DreamCast that I've been very happy with. I found the pinouts you have posted for the Saturn, but I need to know what IC, resistors and capacitors to use and how to wire them. I'd rather just use RGB and a monitor, but they aren't common here in the states, er, I mean Canada eh! (Canadians are more respectable than Americans, or so I'm told)
Hey there, fancy pants!

NFG

Buy an XRGB-2, and use it.  There's not really any other way to get VGA out of any pre-DC console.

Lesmot

My Television has a DTV input with RGB H V. Is there any way to split the composite sync on the Saturn into seperate horizontal and vertical syncs? I'm guessing no. I just want it ta' look pretty! ! !    :ph34r:  
Hey there, fancy pants!

NFG

Most displays will accept composite sync, try running the c-sync to one, the other, or both.

dum dum

off topic, apparently the saturn has secret vga video modes, but nothing seems to use them

benzaldehyde

Quoteoff topic, apparently the saturn has secret vga video modes, but nothing seems to use them

Alright, man. It is genuinely uncool to drop a line like that in here and not tell us any more. ;) Please, do elucidate.

Lesmot

Well, I'm coming up with a plan, thanks for the help. I think I'm going to use a LM1881 to get a composite sync and vertical sync and then a combo of a NAND gate into an AND gate to see if I can get true horizontal and vertical syncs, then I'll plug THAT into my VGA breakout cable, which goes to the RGB H V on my TV.
Oh boy!  :(

Hey there, fancy pants!

dj898

how about this then.

get RGB cable for Saturn and RGB->YUV transcoder.
I have all the necessary parts at home except the time.:(
haven't got time to test this theory as it involves plugging off wires and all from back of our TV and wife wouldn't be too happy with it. :P

cheers