XRGB-mini FRAME MEISTER G2(Tentative name)- Q1 2011!!!!

Started by RGB32E, October 10, 2010, 01:36:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RGB32E

Looks like Micomsoft will be providing an alternative to their XRGB-3 for 15kHz RGB gaming on HDTVs early next year - XRGB-mini!!!  I'm not quite sure about the connotation of "Flame Meister" in the States...  ???

Info available so far (via Akumjo):
http://shmups.system11.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=33450

XRGB-mini FRAME MEISTER G2(Tentative name)

Scaler : Marvell HD digital format converter
2 x HDMI input
1 x D-terminal input
1 x Video input
1 x S-Video input
2 x Stereo Audio input
1 x Multi(RGB/SCART) input
1 x USB on the GO
1 x HDMI output

Super High-speed I/P conversion is installed in this product.
The delay is below 0 frames or less.
Moreover, a variety of image enhancement processing can be added.
It is a product that can cancel slow I/P conversion with TV

more : http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news ... 98626.html

;D  ;D  ;D

NFG

Below zero frames or less, eh?  If it's not showing me frames from the future I don't want it!

Actually, I kinda do.  It looks nice.  I wonder whether it'll be a proper replacement for my aging XRGB2.

acem77

RGB32E

Looks like the name has been changed to Frame Meister GT (Flame to Frame... much better!):

papa_november

My wild guess is that the unit could be a cost-reduced version of the XPC-4. Note the XPC-4's RGB support and 1080P output.

Could this box finally be a solution to wacky edge cases like the X68000 and Amiga 3000, which output not-quite-VGA signals that refuse to display properly or at all on 99% of all the HDTVs and LCDs out there?

Hopefully it won't come in anywhere near the XPC-4's price, though. That puts it closer to the DVDO EDGE than the XRGB series.

Darklegion

Quote from: RGB32E on November 30, 2010, 10:17:29 PM
Looks like the name has been changed to Frame Meister GT (Flame to Frame... much better!):

Probably just a transliteration mistake. R and L are the same in Japanese, after all :)

cgm

Quote from: papa_november on December 01, 2010, 01:31:11 PM
Could this box finally be a solution to wacky edge cases like the X68000 and Amiga 3000, which output not-quite-VGA signals that refuse to display properly or at all on 99% of all the HDTVs and LCDs out there?

Whats so non-standard about these machines?

On a related note, I've had problems with NTSC 15.75Khz S-Video/composite sources syncing on modern displays.

imparanoic

i don't think it has japanese 21 rgb socket, so how do you input rgb from this machine? what do you do with those reall expensive cables for japanese 21 rgb, ie, schp1050 and svhc010?