SNES Reproductions not working on certain SNES consoles

Started by skforty, August 15, 2010, 12:51:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skforty

Hi all,

recently i have made reproductions for BS zelda, secret of mana 1,  secret of mana 2, starfox 2, mickeys playtown etc, and they work great...on 2 of my consoles.  On the other 3 super nintendos they dont.

so i have have 5 super nintendos

NTSC MINI
NTSC ORIGINAL A
NTSC ORIGINAL B
NTSC ORIGINAL C
Japanese super famicom

On consoles: NTSC ORIGINAL A and NTSC ORIGINAL B, EVERY GAME boots fine and plays great.

On the other consoles, 2 of them DONT BOOT at all except through the game genie.  They are BS ZELDA and Secret of mana 1.  Their only common thread seems to be they both only have 2 x 27c801 chips inside.  When i boot, they get garbled screen or black screen.  However if i load them through a game genie, they DO boot fine.   Whats the deal?   Anyone have any ideas?  Same POWER SUPPLY, same AV cables SAme TV.  Is it something to do with the CIC?  or SPU module differences?  i am stumped.  Thanks for your time

l_oliveira

It's obviously the thickness of the circuit board on the reproductions. The consoles with better "grip" at the cartridge connector have no problem playing them.

That's why I scarified original carts to make my own reproductions (or bootlegs with really good quality board). 

By the way, I should mention that stuff like piracy and reproduction carts are taboo on collectors communities like this. I did reproduction carts for my own personal learning/amusement/entertainment only.

Drakon

left one side a bit see if that works.  Or put in the cart and pull it back just a tiny bit before turning it on?  Just don't blow into it the slot :P  I've even had some games not work in clone systems because the pins were all 1 space over from where they were supposed to be (not lining up properly)