Arcade PCB pictures (original PCBs only please)

Started by RobIvy64, November 12, 2009, 02:10:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobIvy64

Post up those original (non-bootleg) arcade PCB pictures! Here are some of mine. Please excuse my camera, which sucks.

Batsugun Special Version

Rainbow Islands Extra

Hacha Mecha Fighter

Segasonic the Hedgehog

Sunset Riders

Trigon

Tatsujin Oh

Kingdom Grand Prix

DoDonPachi DaiFukkatsu

Armed Police Batrider

Galaga '88

Shikigami No Shiro (Taito G-Net hardware)

Sega Mega Play (Genesis-based)

Change Air Blade

Dragon Saber
"Console Mods" lurker

phreak97

wow your collection is a hell of alot more impressive than mine.. I'm guessing this is for pics of people's own pcb's? or just pcb's in general?

I still havent dug mine out for photos, but heres one of my pcb's which is very interesting, it's a Sega branded Galaxian, and it is not a modified moon cresta, it plays galaxian with no modification. the roms that came with it (which I dont believe to be original) are galaxian part 4 with namco character roms.

RobIvy64

Wow, very cool. And thanks for the compliment. These PCBs have been accumulated over several years.

I'd love to see photos of PCBs in member's possessions, but any photos will do!
"Console Mods" lurker

Stefan_L

I have some PCB pics on my website: http://arcade.ym2149.com/... but i guess i could post a pic here that is not there until the next update ;)

It's Alien Syndrome:

Frank_fjs

Wow, impressive collection - thank you for sharing.

I'm not into collecting arcade PCB's, although I may start in the future. What puts me off is how temperamental these things are. They work perfectly one day, then you store them & pull them out only to find that they no longer work. Batteries leak, Capcom's suicide, chips die, boards sag, it just seems futile.

That said, I do have a couple of boards.

I absolutely loved playing Neo Geo arcade games as a kid so this one was a must have for me.

Neo Geo MV-1F:

I remember playing this at a fish & chip shop after school. They also had Double Dragon & Cabal in there too. I bought it off eBay as non-working for $1. It is extremely clean, a friend of mine fixed it in about 2 minutes. Just needed a RAM chip replaced and a broken solder mended.

Shadow Warriors (aka Ninja Gaiden):

Frank_fjs

P.s.

I owe you a huge thank you!

These boards have been in storage for months. I took them out today to photograph them for this thread. Anyhow, turns out the battery in the Neo Geo board was starting to leak! I got to it just in time, the battery is removed and no damage has been done to the board. If left any longer, my board would have been nuked.

This thread saved my Neo Geo board!

l_oliveira

Bootleg boards are fun too from a technical standpoint as they have the big LSI chips laid bare on TTL chips you can get information from.
That's extremely educative if you're interested on how things run.  ;D

I only have a few "boring" (Boring as every single game made for them use the very same board) original boards, like 4 CPS2s and one NEO GEO MV-1F (already posted).

If anyone is interested I can post pictures of one of the CPS2s.

gojirien

Wow ! Nice collections here.

Here's mine :

Dodonpachi :

Donpachi :

Puyo Puyo Tsuu

Mushihime Sama :

And MVS carts :

I'm have a New Astro City to play, and a homemade supergun :