Madcatz Arcade GameStick for Xbox 360 Headset Volume

Started by Waterbury, September 09, 2009, 06:54:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Waterbury

Anybody else have one of these? Do you find that the speaker in a headset doesn't get nearly as loud as when connected via an official Microsoft controller?

kendrick

I think I have the stick you're talking about... Square base, long stick for the left analog with the A-button at the tip? Shipped with codes for Frogger and Time Pilot?

I've found that the volume of the headphone output is more a function of the earpiece than of the controller. The official Microsoft headsets all stink, but you can get a standard mobile phone unit with better frequency response and sits right in the ear for maximum hearing loss. :) But to answer your question directly, I don't even observe that the headset volume is consistent among the official Microsoft controllers. It's worth testing if you can get a pile of wired, wireless, and third-party pads together for comparison's sake.

Waterbury

Cool.

The reason why I ask is because I've modified one of the controllers to port SNES and Saturn controllers to the 360. Everything is great except that the volume of my headset is only half as loud as if I were plugging it into an official Wireless controller.

I'm probably going to use a LM386 chip I got at Radioshack to improve the volume, but I've been curious if it's something I've done to screw it up, or if it's as bad as it is stock.

Could someone perhaps test a headset between a stock controller and the Madcatz stick and see if they can tell a significant difference?  ;)