Using PS2 Non-Common ground for Joystick

Started by XianXi, July 07, 2009, 01:09:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XianXi

I have a PS2 wireless controller that doesn't have a common ground that I am trying to adapt to my arcade joystick. I did notice that there is a common ground point in their respective areas meaning 1 ground for attack buttons, 1 ground for directions and 1 ground for start and select.

If I try to make it a common ground, square registers as analog on/off and so on.

What is the easiest way to do this? Is there a known wireless PS2 controller that does have a common ground?

Thanks

ulao

I dont think the ps2 uses a common ground approach.  I think it just sets an input lead high and test for that on the other end.  Some buttons may share the same test line, not sure. If you wanted to by pass the ps2 logic you would need to create a common ground your self.If you are gutting this controller, that would be the best way.

XianXi

I can't bypass the logic since it's a wireless controller.

NFG

If you're gonna use this wireless board INSIDE your joystick, pull the whole PCB out and run two wires to each button on the stick.  If not, well...  Your connector will have to have some extra wires.  =)

XianXi

Hey Lawrence,

Ya that's what I thought was the only way to do it.

Do you know of any 2.4ghz PS2 controllers that use a common ground?