Problem with surfing through forums

Started by Fix_Metal, September 29, 2007, 07:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fix_Metal

Hello. I've just logged in since ages (seriously, I'm not posting on this since 2006 I guess).
I cannot access Gamesx forums.
I logged in and I don't see the GamesX section in the main page of the forum.
When I click on any of the links on the Homepage (gamesx.com) that gets directly on one forum, I get this message:
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you.
Hope you'll fix it, whatever it is :)
Thank you in advance,
cheers

NFG

You changed your email address and you need to activate your account again.  You're basically a non-user now.

(I activated it manually - but make sure your email's legit)

Fix_Metal

I confirmed the new e-mail address and still cannot access GamesX forums :\

NFG

sharc

i just registered and have the same problem. can only access the main and sig x68 forums. the confirmation email i got points me to the old forms, so it doesn't seem like i can finish activation on this account?

NFG

Thanks for letting me know.  I'll look into it.

I don't know why, but new members are not being assigned to the members group.  This means they're in a kind of limbo.  What's extra strange is that there's no difference between the X68 forum and any of the rest, so why access is granted to THAT one but not ALL of them is beyond me.

I think I'll be looking for help from the forum authors.

NFG

The problem with SMForum is that new users are not automatically assigned a usergroup.  I need to go through and assign access to users with zero posts.

Why you could access two forums is beyond me, but I'm glad you could at least make me aware of the problem.  I'll get on it tonight!

ploder

NFG

I've totally fixed this problem.  All new users can now see the entire forum - at least, the bits they should.  =)

Let me know if anything else is amiss.

ploder