No more guest posting

Started by NFG, April 02, 2007, 03:17:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

It's finally come to this.

Spamming bastards have flooded the forum with about 200 spurious nonsense posts today, so after some five years I'm killing the NFG Forums guest posting privileges.

I hate to do it, but I hate the idea of spending an hour cleaning up the moderation queue even more.

RobIvy64

I use PHPBB, and i can't imagine having guest posting enabled using that  :unsure:

:blink:  
"Console Mods" lurker

Endymion

It all happens when the spammers figure out the workings of the board, the open/free ones happen first and usually the owners don't know how to solve things. I don't know much about this one but it's safe to say that they were trying hard to get the scripts going.

Here's what happens when they get in full swing, so sad. It actually used to be a good board for information on that mod chip. Anyway, I wouldn't feel bummed about it. I'm actually surprised it didn't become necessary sooner, but the registration is still free. Anyone who wants to contribute still can, and why wouldn't anyone want to? :)

RobIvy64

Oh man, the DMS boards have been raped with spam. I remember trying to weed through the spam in order to find some information I needed when installing my DMS4 Pro.

"Console Mods" lurker