A quick fix to a problem

Started by NFG, January 02, 2004, 03:24:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFG

Someone with a GameCube VGA cable wanted to use their XRGB to upscan a non-progressive game, and they asked me to make an adaptor to convert the VGA pinout to 21-pin J-RGB.  Rather than make a cable I just cut a hole in the 21-pin hood and slapped the VGA connector in it, closed it up and called it done.

I'm pleased.  Worked first try.  =)

Richter X

What's Scorpion? Is it some kind of energy drink like Red Bull? Or an herbal drink like SoBe?

smellyguineapig

Nice.

Why is your XRGB2 so shiny? mine is flat...

RFM

And how did you deal with the fact the VGA cable's output has separate H+V sync while the XRGB-2 wants composite sync (and that's all 21-pin RGB supports)?

I've heard of cases on arcade games where someone just connects H+V together but I'd rather not do that, and more importantly Oscar said it'd likely damage the chip in the cable on the old forum thread on the cable, and he knows far more about this than I do.

NFG

I just tied it together, and I've been doing this for years without damaging a thing.  Once in a while you get a monitor that doesn't like this method, but I can't even remember the last time that happened to me.