9-pin Monitor

Started by Nightmare, January 01, 2004, 07:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nightmare

Is it possible to just hook up video to it ? I dont know how to explain it but i mean the yellow cable that comes with the red and white one too...

Sorry if im confusing  :huh:

I was about to ask what this is  RTFM  but i think i know now ( read the f-ing manual ? )

NFG

You've just asked a question that sounds like "What page is the dragon on in the book I'm reading?"

"9-pin monitor" is about as vague as you can possibly be.  

There are monitor databases online with pinout data, search them before asking here.  And yes, the yellow cable carries the 'composite video' signal.

Nightmare

"9-pin monitor" is about as vague as you can possibly be. "

How is it vague how else am i suppose to explain it ??

matt

If you tell us the monitor's name, we will know what kind of screen it is, and therefore what sort of signal it accepts and what you need to do with it.

Saying "my 9-pin monitor" is just like saying "my 4-wheeled car".

Nightmare

Ok, i understand now sorry.

Just a guess, but i think he means a vga monitor

NFG

Of course, 'cause VGA monitors use 15 pins and his has 9.  ;)

seen

I think he probably has a CGA monitor, because they're the ones in majority of having 9pin interfaces. I was able to connect RGB video to one of these but I only got 16 colors out of the monitor.

dum dum

a few old vga monitors use 9pin, my '94 IBM svga does.

the first post mentions yellow,red,white cables so i guess hes talking about stereo AV anyways

phreak97

i got this: he has an old monitor with a 9 pin plug (like a com port) and wants to know if he can plug composite video into it..  

NFG

Quotehe has an old monitor with a 9 pin plug (like a com port) and wants to know if he can plug composite video into it..
And now we're right back where we started.  =P