question about the nes

Started by liveness2006, September 20, 2006, 09:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

liveness2006

I was woundering if I could get true HDMI or compoent out of my NES...?

NFG

Sure, there are plenty of sites that will show you how to stuff a PC into a NES shell.

If you want to use the existing NES hardware the answer's no.

RobIvy64

HDMI-out would be pixelicious.
"Console Mods" lurker

kendrick

To encapsulate what Rob and Lawrence are saying... The native NES video output is very primitive next to the video signal options we have available to us now. There is no advantage to producing HDMI or component video from the Famicom hardware because there won't be any improvement in the quality, color or sharpness of the image. Upscaling or signal conversion options are always available, but that's a lot of expense for very little reward. The chip-swapping RGB mod is about the best you'll be able to produce, and again that's a lot of effort with not a lot of payoff.

-KKC, up too late playing Yakuza.

blackevilweredragon

I could get DVI output from an NES..  Though, it would just be a very expensive ADC mod...  (and from what I hear, 240p is technically the same as 480i, and those things would treat it as 480i, and try to de-interlace an already non-interlaced image..)

liveness2006

thanks blackevilweredragon. I want to get the best pictuer out of the nes...  I don't care how much its cost or how hard it is... and I just started collage in electronics so I am hoping to have a challenge thanks