15kHz RGB Out on XSelect D4 ?

Started by Fudoh, July 19, 2005, 11:31:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fudoh

Hi,

can I connect a device (15khz RGB) to the Scart port of the XSelect and use the sub-D Out on the back for a RGB Signal ?

If yes, does it provide seperated or composite Sync ?

Thanks
Tobias

Endymion

The XSelect D4 is made to give VGA output, so no, this will not do what you want.

Fudoh

Actually it's a "vice versa" transcoder and not only for VGA output.

But thanks for the reply !!

I've now decided for something else:

XBox via YUV into the XSelect D4, PS2 and Cube via D-Terminal and vintage systems via Scart. Now both the YUV Out and the RGBHV Out will be connected to a PMS Crystalio for further processing.

The Crystalio gives DVI-D 1280x720 to my projector and RGBHV 1360x768 to my LCD TV.

The only thing I need to do is to switch the scaler from the YUV (interlaced) Input to the RGBHV (progressive) Input when the XBox or any other system changes from interlaced to progressive...

Thanks
Tobias

Jeremy Pallant

Quotecan I connect a device (15khz RGB) to the Scart port of the XSelect and use the sub-D Out on the back for a RGB Signal ?

If yes, does it provide seperated or composite Sync ?

Actually that's not a SCART port. It's a Japanese RGB. Slightly different. Do no make the mistake of connecting SCART to Japanese RGB or you risk damage.

As I understand it, all the inputs to the XSELECT-D4 are simultaneously output of both the D-Terminal and 15-pin RGB ports. I use the D-Terminal output to pass interlaced scan signals to a XRGB-2 Plus.