News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

Hacking Console Lcd's

Started by atom, March 23, 2005, 11:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

atom

Months ago I walked into EB and saw this little LCD for gamecube. It was 40 bucks so i said what the hell, and it is one of the worst LCD's ive ever seen. After opening it up I see the Model: Sharp LM6Q401. On the back panel I see 6 wires,  RGB, CSync, 12v and GND. Im pretty sure the reason the picture was always so bad was for a couple reasons. One, upon inspection of the connection to the NGC, it uses composite video with a cheap  converter on the PCB! YECK!

Anywho tommorow sometime I am going to mount this baby to my side panel, do you guys think I should leave the it all intact or use just the screen? It had a  pretty good little SRS speaker system. Will upload pics of the video card \ lcd hackery.
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN

NFG

With a $40 LCD you're gonna get a shitty picture no matter what source you feed it.  Terrible contrast, blacks that are never better than grey, is the worst problem.

Lesmot

Atom, I would use just the screen, or make some sort of custom surround for it. I've been looking for a cheap LCD to tink around with, one that I can totally destroy and not feel too bad.  I'll have to frequent my local EB more often. Or, maybe the addictive eBay. Maybe not.  
Hey there, fancy pants!

atom

Haven't quite got around to it yet, should do it saturday though!
forgive my broked english, for I am an AMERICAN