News:

Forum Updated! 

Main Menu

3DO Controller

Started by Von_Hellsing, November 03, 2003, 07:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Von_Hellsing

Hello  :) ,

I have got a 3DO B) , without contoller pad   :( , I want to create a controller with a SNES PAD, or PSX PAD.
But I need the inside schematic, and the controller pinout. To make it.

Thanks for reply me  :D  

NFG

I have some info on the 3DO pad, I'll try and find it and put it online.  While you wait..

The 3DO pad is the same as the SNES pad, using the same chip inside.  That's why there were SNES->3DO adaptors back in the day.

Lawrence.

Von_Hellsing

COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :D
Thank you. ;)
You will save me :D
And I will wait for your information  B)  

NFG

You can check this page for details on the 3DO pad:

http://lillith.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/~kashima/g.../games/3do.html

And particularly this PDF file, which has a pad logic diagram using non-custom parts:

http://lillith.sk.tsukuba.ac.jp/~kashima/g...ames/3do_tr.pdf

Vertigo

Great, just what I was after, a 3DO pad pinout. So here's one, why is using a MD controller on your 3DO a bad idea? Is it because the pinouts for the voltages are different and hence  you'll send 5v to something that won't like it? Or was there something else?  

NFG

Um, why would it be a GOOD idea!?  Did you look at the pinouts?   I'd be surprised if even two pins shared the same purpose.  It might not do damage - or it might - but in any case it's just asking for trouble.

hemphacker

Just from a quick look, I'd think that the SNES pad would work on a 3DO, but the buttons would all be switched, like the select on the SNES would be the left on the 3DO, although I think the up and down would be the same. But I'm just going by diagrams that I've come across on the internet, since I don't have a 3DO controller. They could be wrong, or I could be looking at them wrong. Could someone verify this?

Von_Hellsing

:D  Thank you Lawrence for your information.
If I can make this controller, or this adaptator.
And if you want I can make some photo , and electrical schema  ;)